Friday, October 31, 2008

I VOTED!!!

We didn't find out until the day before the Voter Registration deadline for Austin so we looked for alternative ways to register, maybe on-line or a specific place we can go to register in person... no such thing so we printed out the form found online, filled it out and then had to snail-mail it. We crossed our fingers that we made it in time since it would be postmarked with the deadline date on it. A couple of weeks later, we received our confirmations! Yeh!!! We were relieved to know that we can vote!

We found out only a day or two ago that we can vote earlier than November 4th here in Austin... and the deadline for early voting is today, October 31st! So we hurried up and made time to go to H-E-B, our local grocery store, to VOTE! There was a bit of a line but nothing compared to what is expected on Nov. 4th. It was painless, quick and easy... and we're so happy we were able to take part in the elections. But also bummed that I can't vote on the Props which are for California only since I'm no longer there... But at least I got to vote for my choice for the President! I wore my "I Voted" sticker proudly all day and evening... yes, even for the Halloween festivities!!!

No comments: